Updated as at 31st March 2021.
Terms and Conditions
Bill Payment is a trading name of PAYPLUS LIMITED.
PayPlus Bill Payment is an alternate payment solution platform that provides Chinese residents in New Zealand with a solution for payments, using Chinese leading payment methods such as WeChat Pay and Alipay. The platform allows customers to pay local bills and make both instore and online purchases using their WeChat Pay and Alipay wallets.
Terms of Service
Exclusion of representation and warranties
PayPlus Bill Payment makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied, as to the suitability or fitness for purpose of the PayPlus system in relation to any specific customer requirements, needs or particular circumstances. PayPlus gives no warranty, makes no representation and disclaims all liability so far as the law allows with respect to the quality, availability, legality, delivery or any other aspect of the service.
Limitation of liability
You acknowledge that PayPlus is solely providing a service and that some limitation of liability on PayPlus’ part is reasonable and customary in an Agreement such as this.
Accordingly, you agree that PayPlus shall not be liable for:
- Any validation provided by PayPlus Bill Payment not being acted upon by a Biller where the Biller’s failure to act does not result from our wrongful act or omission; or
- Any delay or failure to carry out PayPlus’ obligations under this Agreement arising from any abnormal and unforeseeable event outside our control where the consequences would have been unavoidable despite all our efforts to the contrary; or
- Any incorrect or duplicate payments made via PayPlus Bill Payment due to incorrect biller details provided by you, or fraudulent activities; or
- Any ramifications arising from overdue bill payments. All payments made using WeChat Pay or Alipay should be made at least 3 business days before the bill due date to allow for cross border payment processing; or
- Any loss or damage suffered by PayPlus Bill Payment due to any claim, demand or action of any kind brought against PayPlus, arising directly or indirectly because you did not observe any of your obligations under the PayPlus Bill Payment Terms and Conditions or acted negligently or fraudulently under this agreement.
- Save in relation to death or personal injury caused by negligence, in no circumstances shall PayPlus’ liability hereunder exceed the value of the amount transacted by you.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Biller is solely responsible for resolving all disputes with Customers and has sole responsibility for dealing with questions, complaints, refunds or enquiries raised by a Customer involving a transaction using the Bill Payment Service.
Furthermore, PayPlus may request further information from you in relation to the payments processed via our platform. For instance, we may request an original copy of the bill paid by you for verification purposes. Should this not be provided upon request, PayPlus reserves the right cancel such payment.
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to create any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not a party to this Agreement, unless otherwise stated.
If any clause or part of any clause of this Agreement shall be found to be illegal or unenforceable, then the validity and enforceability of the remainder of the Agreement shall not be adversely affected.
Any delay or failure by you or PayPlus Bill Payment to enforce or pursue any remedy or right hereunder shall not be deemed to be a waiver of that remedy or right and, unless we tell you otherwise in the case of PayPlus Bill Payment not exercising or enforcing a right or remedy, will not prevent that right or remedy from subsequently being exercised or enforced.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us relating to the provision of the PayPlus Bill Payment service and supersedes any previous agreements and understandings between us relating thereto.
PayPlus charges a fee per transaction to cover carry costs and operations. The service Fee is 1.5% applies to the value of the payment made on all transactions. However we may charge more or less or no fee for particular billers. We will notify you by displaying the message before you make the payment.
The exchange rates on PayPlus Bill Payment platform are controlled by Alipay and WeChat Pay or their banking partners. Some billers on PayPlus Bill Payment platform are using Alipay Online Exchange Rate which is slightly higher than Alipay Offline Exchange Rate. Alipay Offline Exchange Rate is promoted in Alipay App.
PayPlus Bill Payment settlements are conducted daily for all transactions up to 4pm New Zealand Standard Time. In most cases, your biller normally needs 2 to 3 working days to receive your fund. Please ensure you use our service prior to the penalty date to avoid incurring penalty or late fee.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
Users who do not ‘log in’ – We collect transaction information and email for account keeping purposes.
Users who log in – We hold basic contact information, user ID, Name, Contact email and transaction history.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org